COVID-19 Update

June 15, 2020

 

We have been carefully monitoring developments pertaining to COVID-19, and have made the difficult decision to cancel Blue Ridge Suzuki Camp this year. 

 

Back in April we were very hopeful that things would improve enough by this point that we could have a somewhat normal camp experience in August.  Unfortunately, things have not moved in that direction fast enough to have confidence that could happen this summer. 

 

It is clear that if we were to go forward with camp there would need to be major changes in the experience in order to abide by State regulations and health protocols. It would likely not be the wonderful musical and social experience that we all know and love.  And with the health of faculty and attendees our top concern, it feels like the right decision to cancel this year and look towards the future .

 

We are very grateful for our BRSC community, and know how much camp means to our families and to our faculty.  I know this decision is very disappointing, and we all share in your sadness.  But we are very hopeful that camp will be able to happen next year, and look forward to the time that we can be together in Orkney Springs again.

 

On behalf of the entire BRSC faculty I want to wish your family good health and continued music making during these challenging times.

 

Katherine Wiley, Director

 

HOME

Home

Program Offerings

Blue Ridge Chamber

Music Institute

Location & Recreation

General Information

Faculty

Fees

Registration

Photo Gallery

FAQ

Contact Us