March 31, 2021
Thank you for patience as we navigate this challenging year. We are very encouraged about the positive direction of Covid-19 vaccination rates and declines in community spread, and we are planning for a safe in-person Suzuki Camp this summer. Please note these important changes for 2021:
· Camp will be one night shorter this year, with families staying Sunday, June 20 (late afternoon) through Thursday, June 24 (late afternoon). The amount of class instruction time will remain the same as a typical year.
· We will be unable to offer a supervised teen cottage this year- all students will need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
· Most of our class offerings will remain the same, but we will not be able to offer piano instruction this year.
· Classes will take place in larger rooms with good ventilation, and some classes and events will take place outside under pavilions. The schedule will be more spread out through the day to allow for more use of our larger spaces.
· Evening activities and recitals will be modified for a smaller number of participants, and some of our usual evening activities may need to be postponed until next year.
· Recreational facilities- including the pool-will be available for use. Families are encouraged to take advantage of the 1,100 acres of outdoor space, hiking trails, etc. that Shrine Mont has to offer.
· Dining will look a bit different this year, as we will eat in shifts and it will not be buffet style. Participants will have the option of eating in a newly created outdoor picnic area.
· Enrollment will be limited to a smaller number of participants than a typical year. Registrations will be taken on a first-come first-serve basis, and we expect to reach capacity earlier than usual.
· Participants will be expected to adhere to covid protocols that can be reviewed HERE These are based on the most current state and CDC recommendations, and will be subject to modification as camp gets closer.
If you have any questions, please email Director Katherine Wiley at email@example.com